Sacked Wallabies coach Rennie says he has backed players | Aici


SYDNEY – Sacked Wallabies coach Dave Rennie said on Wednesday he was disappointed to have been dumped just eight months out from the World Cup, insisting he had the support of the team and staff. he.

The New Zealander, who took over from Michael Cheika at the end of 2019, was shown the door on Monday after just five wins in 14 Tests last year and was replaced by the boss ‘former England Eddie Jones.

Rennie said he has received hundreds of messages of support from current and former players, coaches, managers and others since his shooting.

“The support has been overwhelming and greatly appreciated with over 500 messages I’ve received,” he said in his first comment since posting.

“I loved my time with the team. They are exceptional young men who want to learn and are willing to work hard.”

Rennie, who is well respected, has been linked with a move to Japan’s Kobe Steelers.

He did not comment on his future, saying only that “I am disappointed that I will not see my contract in the way I agreed to in 2019”.

“But (I) leave knowing that I fully supported the playing group and the staff,” he added.

“I really felt that in the last three years we’ve made a lot of changes both on and off the field, which could not have been achieved by the hard work of good people.

“I wish Eddie, the staff and the team all the best in this big year.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *